Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Senseless Quiz?

Yeah, like Kris, I like these silly quizzes. Well, in all honesty, maybe I don't think they're totally silly. They do tell you a little about yourself.

Of course, we're not touting accuracy here. I took this quiz once, read the result and when I went to copy the result, I screwed up and lost it. Since I couldn't get back to the Results page, I had to retake the quiz and ... you guessed it ... I got a different result.

Apparently I was a Utilitarist the second time, but I tied between Existentialism and Justice the first time (with the tie breaker question making me an Existentialist). Utilitarianism was in third place.

Any which way ... between the three, I would have to say, close enough.


You Scored as Utilitarianism

Your life is guided by the principles of Utilitarianism: You seek the greatest good for the greatest number.

“The said truth is that it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong.”
--Jeremy Bentham

“Whenever the general disposition of the people is such, that each individual regards those only of his interests which are selfish, and does not dwell on, or concern himself for, his share of the general interest, in such a state of things, good government is impossible.”
--John Stuart Mill

More info at
Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...

Utilitarianism
85%


Existentialism

80%


Justice (Fairness)



70%


Kantianism

50%


Divine Command



40%

Hedonism
35%



Apathy


30%
Strong Egoism

25%
Nihilism
5%



Update: Just had the Kit Kat take the quiz. An interesting experience, some places I had her; some places, she surprised me. But her results? Utilitarianism. Heh.


3 comments:

Punkys Dilemma said...

Yup...I'm a real sucker for tests too. Can't pass these up. Ever. Even like those survey thingies. But you already knew that didncha... :)

So...I'm a Utilitarianist too. Thanks for the definition of this. I couldn't figure out what the heck Kantiansim, etc were.

Anonymous said...

I came up......guess what? Divine Command. Go figure.
d

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Kind of seems about right, doesn't it? :D